Presentations and honors
- Western Finance Association (Denver, Jun)
- CEMFI (Madrid, Jul)
- European Finance Association (Zurich, Aug)
- Basel Committee Research Task Force workshop “Banking, Risk and Regulation” (at FDIC)
- CEPR/LSE/NHH “Corporate Finance and Risk Management” (Bergen)
- Bank of Finland/JFS “Financial Instability, Supervision, and Central Banks”
- Bocconi “FinLawMetrics” (Milan)
- LSE “Cycles, Contagion, and Crises” (London)
- Banque de France/CEPR “Banking and Asset Markets”
- Cleveland Fed/FDIC "Identifying and Resolving Financial Crises" (by co-author)
- DNB/JFS "Integrating micro- and macroeconomic perspectives on financial stability” (Groningen)
- Basel Committee / JFI research workshop "Risk transfer mechanisms and financial stability" (at BIS)
- Financial Intermediation Research Society (Anchorage AK)
- U Amsterdam "Financial Stability, Liquidity, and Corporate Control"
- C.R.E.D.I.T. "Liquidity risk" (Venice)
- Bank of Canada "Securitized Instruments"
- IMF/World Bank "Risk Analysis and Risk Management"
- CesIfo-Bundesbank "Liquidity: Concepts and Risks" (Munich)
- Tinbergen Institute conference "Crashes and Systemic Crises in Financial Markets" (Rotterdam)
- European Banking Center - Swiss National Bank "Swiss Banking and Finance Conference" (discussant, Hasliberg)
- Dept of Finance, Canada
- European Banking Center "Financial Stability" (Tilburg)
- American Finance Association (by co-author, Atlanta)
- IMF workshop on "Taxation of Financial Sector"
- Duisenberg School "Living Wills" (Amsterdam)
- IMF/U Haifa "Banking after Financial Crisis" (discussant, Akko)
- Norges Bank "Government Intervention and Moral Hazard in the Financial Sector"
- Bundesbank "Liquidity and Liquidity Risk"
- European Financial Center "4th Swiss Winter Conference on Financial Intermediation" (discussant, Lenzerheide)
- Swiss Society for Financial Markets Research (by co-author, Zurich)
- The Real and Financial Effects of Basel III, 3rd Annual IJCB Financial Stability Conference (Bank of England)
- FinLawMetrics (by co-author, Bocconi)
- ESCB "Day-Ahead" Workshop on Financial Markets Research (at Riskbank)
- Federal Reserve Board / JMCB "Regulation of Systemic Risk"
- FDIC Annual Bank Research Conference "Risk Management: Lessons from the Crisis" (two papers)
- Bank of Finland-CEPR-JFI "The Future of Risk Management" (by co-author)
- OeNB-U Vienna "Bank Supervision and Resolution: National and International Challenges"
- CAREFIN-JFI "Bank Competitiveness in the Post-Crisis World" (Bocconi)
- IMF Annual Research Conference on "Monetary and Macroprudential Policies" (discussant)
- Kansas City Fed
- Max Planck Institute for Collective Goods (Bonn)
- De Nederlandsche Bank
- Cleveland Fed "Capital Requirements for Financial Firms"
- NYU/Law-ETHZ "Tackling Systemic Risk", (at NYU)
- Basel Committee-CEPR-JFI "Banks - How Big is Big Enough" (at BIS)
- Central banks of Turkey, Brazil and Finland "Financial and Macroeconomic Stability: Challenges Ahead" (Istanbul)
- Society for Economic Dynamics (Cyprus)
- CREI-UPF "XV Workshop in International Economics and Finance" (Barcelona)
- De Nederlandsche Bank (visiting scholar)
- SUERF "States, Banks, and the Financing of the Economy" (Zurich)
- IDEI "Risk Management and Financial Markets" (Toulouse)
- CesIfo-Bundesbank "The Banking sector and the State" (Munich)
- OxFIT: Oxford financial intermediation theory conference (Oxford, by co-author)
- FDIC Annual Bank Research Conference "Financial Services in the Current Environment"
- Banco de Portugal
- Tilburg-CEPR-St. Gallen "6th Winter Conference on Financial Intermediation" (Lenzerheide)
- LBS-NY Fed "Global Banks, International Capital Flows and Financial Integration" (at LBS)
- Bocconi "Banks, Markets and Financial Innovation: Efficiency, Systemic Risks and the Role of Regulation" (Milan)
- FIRS (Dubrovink)
- European Finance Association (Cambridge)
- OeNB-U Vienna "Banks and Governments in Globalized Financial Markets"
- Max Plank Institute Bonn Conference "The Structure of Banking Systems and Financial Stability" (Bonn, two papers)
- Banco de Portugal
- UC Davis "Financial Institutions and Financial Stability"
- ETHZ-U Zurich-U St Gallen-U Lucerne, Workshop and Lecture in Law and Economics (at U Zurich)
- Tilburg-CEPR-St. Gallen "7th Winter Conference on Financial Intermediation" (Lenzerheide)
- NYU Law - ETHZ conference "Regulating Risk Taking in a Post Crisis Environment" (at NYU)
- Graduate Institute Geneva
- De Nederlandsche Bank (Visiting Scholar)
- FIRS (Quebec City, by coauthor)
- Finlawmetrics (Bocconi, by coauthor)
- Banco de España - Bank of Canada “Third Workshop on International Financial Markets” (at Banco de España)
- De Nederlandsce Bank 'International Banking: Microfoundations and Macro Implications' (Amsterdam, by co-author)
- ECB: Macroprudential Research Network, final conference - two papers
- ESSFM Gerzensee
- Yale Program of Financial Stability
- European Finance Association (Lugano)
- NY Fed "Policy Mix in a Transatlantic Economy" (by co-author)
- ECB "The Optimal Size of the Financial Sector" (by co-author)
- NY Fed "The Future of Large Financial Institutions"
- Magyar Nemzeti Bank-CEPR "The Changing Role of Central Banks Post-Crisis" (by co-author)
- Bocconi "Structural Changes in the Banking Sector" (Milan)
- Bank of England
- IADB/Central Bank of Peru seminar on "Key Issues of Capital Flows"
- Central Bank of Uruguay "Workshop on Challenges to Financial Stability"
- Central Bank of Ireland-Trinity College-CEPR "Workshop on Macroeconomics of Global Interdependence"
- Riksbank Conference of Financial Safety Net
- ETH Zurich-NYU Law conference on Corporate Governance (Zurich)
- Third BIS Research Network meeting on "Global Financial Interconnectedness" (at BIS)
- Norges Bank
- Monetary Authority of Singapore
- ETH-NUS "Law and Banking" Conference (Singapore)
- De Nederlandsche Bank
- University of Tokyo
- Bank of Korea
- Bank of England
- Banca d'Italia
- Banco de Portugal
- Bank of Canada
- AFA meetings (Chicago, by co-author)
- Adam Smith corporate finance workshop (HEC Paris, by co-author)
- Chicago Financial Institutions conference (by co-author)
- 10th Swiss Winter Conference on Financial Intermediation (Lenzerheide)
- European Central Bank
- Financial Intermediation Research Society (Hong Kong)
- Central Bank Research Association annual meeting at the Bank of Canada
- NBER Summer Institute 2017 (by co-author)
- Banco de Portugal / Day-Ahead conference of the European System of Central Banks (Lisbon)
- European Finance Association (Mannheim)
- 4th Bank of Canada/Banco de España Workshop on International Financial Markets (Ottawa)
- 28th Annual Conference on Financial Economics and Accounting (by co-author)
- Wharton Conference on Liquidity and Financial Fragility (by co-author)
- Atlanta Fed workshop “Financial Stability Implications of New Technology” (by co-author)
- Volatility Institute at NYU Shanghai (VINS) 4th Annual Conference “The Financial Implications of Geopolitical Risks” (Shanghai)
- ECB-FRB-HKMA workshop “Chinese Economy in the New Era” (Hong Kong)
- City University of Hong Kong - Bank of Finland conference “China's Economic Reforms: Where Do We Stand” (Hong Kong)
- European Commission Workshop on "Puzzles in non-financial corporations debt, savings and investment" (Brussels)
- 2nd Central Bank of Ireland Workshop on Banking, Credit and Macroprudential policy: What Can We Learn from Micro Data? (Dublin, by co-author)
- ECB Lamfalussy fellow, 2008
- IMF award for the work on financial sector taxation, Feb 2010, and for the work on the Banking Union for the Eurozone, Apr 2013
- IMF Annual Research Conference on "Monetary and Macroprudential Policies" (Nov 2011) -- program committee
- IMF Research Department Conference on "The Financial System Five Years From Now" (Mar 2012) -- organizer
- Financial Intermediation Research Society (FIRS) -- program committee, since 2013
- European Finance Association (EFA) -- program committee, since 2015
- Bank of England - HKMA - IMF conference on "Monetary, Financial, and Prudential Policy in the Post-Crisis World" (Nov 2017)