- Western Finance Association (Denver, Jun)
- CEMFI (Madrid, Jul)
- European Finance Association (Zurich, Aug)
- Basel Committee Research Task Force workshop “Banking, Risk and Regulation” (at FDIC)
- CEPR/LSE/NHH “Corporate Finance and Risk Management” (Bergen)
- Bank of Finland/JFS “Financial Instability, Supervision, and Central Banks”
- Bocconi “FinLawMetrics” (Milan)
- LSE “Cycles, Contagion, and Crises” (London)
- Banque de France/CEPR “Banking and Asset Markets”
- Cleveland Fed/FDIC "Identifying and Resolving Financial Crises" (by co-author)
- DNB/JFS "Integrating micro- and macroeconomic perspectives on financial stability” (Groningen)
- Basel Committee / JFI research workshop "Risk transfer mechanisms and financial stability" (at BIS)
- Financial Intermediation Research Society (Anchorage AK)
- U Amsterdam "Financial Stability, Liquidity, and Corporate Control"
- C.R.E.D.I.T. "Liquidity risk" (Venice)
- Bank of Canada "Securitized Instruments"
- IMF/World Bank "Risk Analysis and Risk Management"
- CesIfo-Bundesbank "Liquidity: Concepts and Risks" (Munich)
- Tinbergen Institute conference "Crashes and Systemic Crises in Financial Markets" (Rotterdam)
- European Banking Center - Swiss National Bank "Swiss Banking and Finance Conference" (discussant, Hasliberg)
- Dept of Finance, Canada
- European Banking Center "Financial Stability" (Tilburg)
- European Financial Center "4th Swiss Winter Conference on Financial Intermediation" (discussant, Lenzerheide)
- Swiss Society for Financial Markets Research (by co-author, Zurich)
- The Real and Financial Effects of Basel III, 3rd Annual IJCB Financial Stability Conference (Bank of England)
- FinLawMetrics (by co-author, Bocconi)
- ESCB "Day-Ahead" Workshop on Financial Markets Research (at Riskbank)
- Federal Reserve Board / JMCB "Regulation of Systemic Risk"
- FDIC Annual Bank Research Conference "Risk Management: Lessons from the Crisis" (two papers)
- Bank of Finland-CEPR-JFI "The Future of Risk Management" (by co-author)
- OeNB-U Vienna "Bank Supervision and Resolution: National and International Challenges"
- CAREFIN-JFI "Bank Competitiveness in the Post-Crisis World" (Bocconi)
- IMF Annual Research Conference on "Monetary and Macroprudential Policies" (discussant)
- Kansas City Fed
- Max Planck Institute for Collective Goods (Bonn)
- De Nederlandsche Bank
- Central Bank of Ireland-Trinity College-CEPR "Workshop on Macroeconomics of Global Interdependence"
- Riksbank Conference of Financial Safety Net
- ETH Zurich-NYU Law conference on Corporate Governance (Zurich)
- Third BIS Research Network meeting on "Global Financial Interconnectedness" (at BIS)
- Norges Bank
- ECB Lamfalussy fellow, 2008
- IMF award for the work on financial sector taxation, Feb 2010, and for the work on the Banking Union for the Eurozone, Apr 2013